Sunday, April 22, 2007


He is not a king
He is not a king,
Not yet a prince,
And of no where a lord,
But, a simple Human being, with the good soul.


He is Odysseys without the witty Penelope,
He is a new Peron,
With no evita to make people at him frown.
Instead he has a girl to adore him,
No, no, no not adore him, but praise him.
To praise an odysseys with no crime,
To praise a Peron with no pride,
He is all of them but none,
He can be all but doesn’t want.

A monster at first sight, but at last an angel with no wings,
A tyrant they supposed him to be, at the end a kind with no power to be weird,
He lives in never land I thought,
Now I find him walking on the ground,
With me, side by side,
I look at him once again; he was not a king as well as my not being a queen,
I’m not an Evita for a Peron, I am not a Penelope for an odysseys,
But I can be a Mercutio for him and he can be one for me.

4 comments:

Dr O2 said...

wow, that was a very beautiful one! Nice to C a powerful Iranian writer. I enjoyed leafing through your posts.

Anonymous said...

i do like this poem, as usual there's no reason, but i do like it ms. literature :)

Anonymous said...

azize delom mibinam ke forinam kshfet kardan ;)

Erfan said...

I like the way this sentence sound

To praise a Peron with no pride,

besides I don't even wish to be that royal. that heroic and that Romeo...

yeah I know what you feel and what you mean...